The Organ in Byfield Parish Church was built c. 1911 by E.W. Lane, Waltham, Massachusetts for Puffer Memorial Methodist Church, Morrisville, Vermont. With the assistance of the Organ Clearing House the organ was purchased by the church and moved to the Chicopee, Massachusetts factory of the Stuart Organ Company for rebuilding.
New casework of
pine was constructed, designed to complement the architecture of the
building. The revised tonal scheme, encompassing 689 pipes distributed
among 11 stops, is designed to provide a maximum degree of flexibility
in service playing.
Case design, voicing and tonal finishing were by
Richard S. Hedgebeth, head of the firm. Also assisting in the project
were John Alberti, Lynn Champlin, David Koziol, Alan Laufman.
Christopher Lavoie, Randall Steere and Lorenzo Velez.